Poor or no ink transfer onto the substrate, evident as a partial image or a missing portion.
– Low areas on the plate;
– Poor plates or make ready;
– Impression set too light;
– Failure to lock down deck;
– Plate cylinder bounce;
– Print station out of parallel.
– Check calliper of printing plates for variations;
– Check impressions to determine accuracy of plates;
– Re-adjust impression settings for plate and/or anilox rolls;
– Check deck locking nuts;
– Check concentricity of plate cylinder or gears. Observe the condition of shafts, journals, bearings and gears for cleanliness or excessive wear;
– Reset print station for side-to-side parallel;