The colour is lacking in colour strength and body.
- Excessive reduction in ink viscosity;
- Excess extender varnish;
- Ink settling out;
- Ink film thickness too thin;
- Dirty/worn anilox rolls;
- Wrong fountain roll specification;
- Tight setting of fountain roll nip;
- Add fresh ink to restore viscosity;
- Add pigment concentrate (toner);
- Thoroughly mix ink in container before adding to ink tray;
- Increase ink thickness by raising ink viscosity, reducing metering of anilox roll or increasing the anilox roll volume;
- If plugged thoroughly clean anilox roll, if excessive land areas exposed, replace anilox roll;
- Select a lower durometer fountain roll;
- Decrease fountain nip roll pressure.