Poor or no ink transfer onto the substrate, evident as a partial image or a missing portion.
- Low areas on the plate;
- Poor plates or make ready;
- Impression set too light;
- Failure to lock down deck;
- Plate cylinder bounce;
- Print station out of parallel.
- Check calliper of printing plates for variations;
- Check impressions to determine accuracy of plates;
- Re-adjust impression settings for plate and/or anilox rolls;
- Check deck locking nuts;
- Check concentricity of plate cylinder or gears. Observe the condition of shafts, journals, bearings and gears for cleanliness or excessive wear;
- Reset print station for side-to-side parallel;